Hey ,how do you choose a best mountain bike helmets ?Just go to the store and choose ! definitely not. There are particular helmet designs you will get for mountain biking, road biking, bike commuting, time trial, and track racing. Among these mountain biking are special since its helmets are tailored to cross-country riding, endure racing, dirt jumping, and downhill riding.
Basically cycling helmets can be categorized into two categories:
Full-face helmets cover the entire head and include a chin guard which covers the front of the face. They are designed for very destructive riding where violent crashes are likely. Full-faces have a chin guard that protects your grill from rocks and dirt sandwiches. These are aimed at downhill mountain biking and bmx riding.
The difference is just like the name implies. Half-shell helmets are shaped roughly like half of a sphere and cover primarily the top of the head. There are many types of half-shell helmets aimed at many types of cycling. The two most common are mountain biking and road biking.
How to Properly Wear a Helmet
- For beginner make sure the helmet should be level on your head from front to back. The sweat band should sit just above the eyebrows.
- Crank the rear adjustment band tight by turning the wheel or sliding the sliders until the helmet feels secure on your head.
- The third step is to adjust the harness so the helmet will stay put once you wing through the air before hitting the ground.
Some people will choose to ride in a car with no seat belts. So why hop on a bike without a bike helmet? Helmets simply make sense in all riding conditions and some areas even have laws requiring them.
5 New Best Mountain Bike Helmets
The Triple Eight Brain saver Dual Certified with EPS Liner Helmet is the best mountain bike helmet and idle for biking, skateboarding, long boarding, inline skating, and roller skating. Keep your head protected with a polystyrene Liner and let it breathe with perfectly placed ventilation holes. This mountain bike helmet is going to keep you safe while you enjoy the best.
- Perfect for biking, skateboarding, long boarding, inline skating (roller blading), and roller skating
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets and ASTM F-1492-08 Safety Standards
- Complies with AS/NZS 2063 – Bicycle Helmets
- Complies with CE EN 1078 – Helmets for pedal cyclists, skateboarders, & roller skaters
- Polystyrene Liner
It’s a great choice for enthusiasts or recreational riders who are on the road to becoming dedicated cyclists.
The SolaraII is built with comfortable fit .Used a supple microfiber upper and a micro-ratcheting, low-profile buckle that offers precise fit adjustment. A supportive EVA footbed with Aegis anti-microbial treatment is matched with our stiff DuPont Zytelnylon outsole to create an efficient, powerful platform for transferring energy to the pedals
- Snap fit visor with reinforced anchor points
- Reflective rear decal
- In-Mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Acu Dial Fit System
This is something a more traditional street style look. Suitable for dirt jumping, park riding, or aggressive trail riding.
- This Cpsc 1203, ASTM f1952, astm63:2008, en078:1997 approved
- Used 11 venting ports promote increased airflow and breath ability
- Comes with Inner comfort liner,
- Made from suede micro fiber, removable and washable
Fox Flux MTB Helmet is the most popular to the mountain biker.
- Comes with rear Detox ratchet retention system
- Its deeper rear profile of the EPS shell offers more comprehensive coverage than a traditional XC helmet
- 20 ventilation ports for airflow
- Removable visor
- CPSC 1203, EN 1078: 1997, AS/NZS 2063: 2008 approved
This is another best mountain bike helmets that low to the ground mountain sports shoe with TPU mid-foot support, .Used speed lacing, grippy TRAXION outsole and a breathable GORE-TEX membrane on the upper to keep feet dry.
- Breakaway Screws
- Over brow Ventilation
- In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell
- TAG Fit System
- Integrated Breakaway Camera Mount