Backpacking Checklist for outdoor,sports whatever other essential wisdom every hiker should know. If you ask How To Make Your backpacking checklist then we will say follow this “How To Make Your backpacking checklist Look Like A Million Bucks” tips guide to getting started as a backpacker will help you enjoy a lifetime of safe, scenic, and satisfying adventures. With more than 100 smart tips, it answers all the questions: what to eat, where to go, how to read a compass, and much more.
Our Backpacking Checklist is your true guide to packing smart for hiking trips. This backpacking checklist is valuable to every hiker. Want to know how?
OK, How to Make Your backpacking checklist Look Like A Million Bucks?
This backpacking checklist includes all the gear you need for a backpacking trip. It may intimidate you (and your wallet) but don’t worry.We will walk you through it step by step to help you figure out what you actually need.
Must Bring Items
First of all you must need the hiking backpack.See our best hiking backpack.There is a variation between mens and womens. Our favorite best backpacking backpacks is the SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 but if you want to go light, consider the 20L/33L- Most Durable Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
2.Maps and Navigation
You will take Map with protective case. Compasses is very important. GPS also latest tech which follows everybody.You can use this best sellers GPS-Tile Mate – Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder – 1-pack
3.First Aid Kit
Do research what you will need. We very highly recommend carrying one with you at all times The Adventure Medical Kits. Furthermore, you should get to know the contents of your first aid kit, and know how to use them.
This is the most important section of your backpacking checklist . Look our The Best Backpacking Food Mountain House Beef Stroganoff with Noodles
you must need headlamp. The (LE Headlamp LED, 4 Modes Headlight
and GRDE Zoomable 3 Modes Super Bright LED Headlamp ) offer the best combination of weight and performance). Take the Petzl e+LITE as a lightweight backup. Don’t forget to carry extra batteries or an external battery if your headlamp charges by USB.
6.Lighter and/or Matches
For starting fires and in case the built in igniter on your stove fails. Recommended to keep fire starter (SE FS374 All-Weather Emergency 2-IN-1 Fire Starter & Magnesium Fuel Bar) for emergency survival fire.
7.Mug and Spoon/Spork
. If you will use this system this will serve your all need like the Jetboil Flash with just-add-water food. If cooking, you also need a light cook set like The Camping Cookware Mess Kit
8.Repair kit and tools-Knife or multi-tool
Repair kits for stove, mattress; duct tape strips Yes, don’t forget to bring this. Anywhere you will need this.See The best backpacking knife SE KHK6320 Outdoor Tanto Knife with Fire Starter
Sleeping pad will make your sleep comfortable.Just go through the best Sleeping Pad Review Klymit Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad
These are sunglasses,hat, sunscreen, lip balm). See our Sun Hat Review. Our favorite sun hat is The Columbia Sportswear Bora Bora Booney II Sun Hats
For cooking check the best hiking backpacking stove review. Our favorite is The Etekcity Ultralight Portable Outdoor Backpacking Camping Stoves is much less expensive and easier to cook with. If you are just boiling water for 1-2 people, use the Jetboil Flash.
14.Water Bottle or Hydration Bladder
Most people choose bottle is the Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
and bladder is the Outdoor Products 2 L Cool Gel Hydration Bladder
Careful about this selection.Look our Backpacking Water Filter Review. As a hiker my best choice is the
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter because it’s a great value and is lightweight.
Clothing and Footwear Essentials
Warm Weather Essentials
(Low temperatures above freezing)
— Get the men’s best Hiking Pants Review and Women’s Hiking Pants Review But every hikers choose (men’s): Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pants
. (women’s) favorite: White Sierra Women’s Sierra Point 31-Inch Inseam Convertible Pant
— Here is the best Hiking Socks . Our favorite for mens is the People Socks Unisex Merino Wool Antimicrobial Crew Socks and for women is the Kirkland Signature Womens Trail Sock
Long Underwear Top
— long underwear is the important part of your hiking.Go with the best Long Underwear . My favorite is the Duofold Men’s Mid-Weight Wicking Thermal Pant for men and the Women’s Thermal Underwear Set Top & Bottom Fleece Lined
Light Down Jacket or Insulated Jacket
— Get our men’s Down Jacket Review and Insulated Jacket Review. Our favorites mans insulted jacket is the Carhartt Men’s Arctic Quilt Lined Yukon Active Jacket J133
Our favorite women down jacket is the Orolay Women’s Thickened Down Jacket
- Long-sleeve shirt (for sun, bugs)
- Sun-shielding hat
— Get the best men’s Rain Jacket –Columbia Men’s Watertight II Front-Zip Hooded and our Women’s best Rain Jacket is the Charles River Apparel Women’s New Englander Waterproof Rain Jacket.
- Underwear— Though most of the synthetic underwear are almost same but hikers love fastest drying, most popular and highly rated .
Cold Weather Essentials
Low temperatures above freezing
- Balaclava— In cold weather these are essential. Our favorite is the ldelf Tactical Heavyweight Balaclava Outdoor Sports Mask .
- Long Underwear
- Insulated Jacketor Warmer Down Jacket
- Fleece jacket or vest, and pants
- Hat, cap, skullcap, balaclava or headband
Optional Items (but highly recommended)
- Tent-pole repair sleeve
- Whistle (plus signaling mirror)
- Multifunction watch with altimeter
- Footprint (if desired for tent)
- Pillow or stuffable pillow case
- Trekking poles
- Ice axe
- Energy food (bars, gels, chews, trail mix)
- Energy beverages or drink mixes
- UtensilsBear canister (or hang bags for food)
- Cookset (with pot grabber)
- Dishes or bowls1
- Nylon cord (50′ for hanging food)
- Backup water treatment
- Collapsible sink or container
- Packable lantern.
- Light Fleece Jacket— Mens and Womens.
- Handheld GPS — You might also consider using an app on your smartphone but make sure to download maps in advance and store up these on your phone.
- Rain Pants
- Satellite Messenger or Personal Locator Beacon
- Trekking Poles
Footwear; Assorted Personal Items
- Hiking Boots — Our favorite hiking boot for men is the Timberland White Ledge Men’s Waterproof Boot and women’s best hiking boots is KEEN Women’s Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boot
- Socks (synthetic or wool) plus spares
- Sandals (for fording, in camp)
- Camera or helmet cam
- Route description or guidebook
- Field guide(s); star identifier
- Outdoor journal and pen or pencil
- Credit card; small amount of cash
- Earplugs and eye shade
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper
- Bear spray
- Sanitation towel
- Hand sanitizer
- Quick-dry towel
- Toothbrush and/or toiletry kit
- Biodegradable soap (and shower bag)
- satellite communicator / 2-way radios/cell phone
- Personal locator beacon
- Post-hike snacks, water, towel, clothing change
- Trip itinerary left with friend and under car seat
So guys,if you follow this above steps ,I promise your backpacking checklist will Look Like A Million Bucks.