Road Bikes how to choose the best for you if you check on around you can find a speedy, stylish and efficient bike image will come to your mind automatically, no doubt. Road bikes are hard to beat. Its smooth contoured lines of a road bicycle frame, components and quality parts is a work of art – yet one that can bring a thrill like no other!
Road bikes for beginner
Looking for a road bikes for beginner ? see our guideline……
Road bikes for Beginner level
Suitable and cheap road bike as well. Check road bikes for sell and you should consider when buying your first road bike.
- Frame material– Basically Beginner road bike frames are normally aluminum or steel. Since aluminum is a light, strong material and steel provides a very robust and comfortable frame.
- Transmission (gears)– The speed on a starter road bike will likely be “8, 9 or 10 speed” – that refers to the number of cogs on the cassette at the back. You will get double or triple chain set on the front on most road bikes that gives between 2×8 (16) and 3×10 (30) gear options in total. Actually the more gears your bike has, the more chance you have of being in the “perfect gear”;
- Wheelset–As a beginner, you will probably find shallow section, high spoke count wheels. This is to provide the rider with confidence, and ensure the wheels are durable and reliable in all conditions.
Road bikes for Intermediate level
If you book you’re first cycling holiday. it’s time for an upgrade! Intermediate road bikes strike that fragile stability between performance and affordability ; its designed to provide you with a fast and fun ride!
- Frame material –You’re now into the price range of carbon fibre; this is a fantastic latest composite material, which gives a great mix of solidity (aiding power transfer), comfort and light weight.
- Transmission– Price will differ a little bit and you will get an upgrade in gearing.
- Wheels –you will see the benefits in terms of performance. Better wheel bearings, lighter spokes and rims, and deeper profile rims,.ower rolling resistance and better aerodynamics.
- Disc brakes –Disc brakes come into the equation more frequently with intermediate level road bikes.
Road bikes for Advance level
You want to race, you want to be the fastest you possibly can be – you want a dream machine.
Frame material – For advanced level road bikes Carbon fibre frames are the most popular frame material. ]It offer high levels of stiffness, and the lightest weight possible.
- Transmission– Electronic gearing is now the most popular on advanced level road bikes. Like Shimano Di2, SRAM eTAP and Campagnolo EPS, give you with the perfect gear shift every time.
- Wheelset– Basically advanced road bikes are all about marginal gains, its carbon fibre wheels, often with deep section rims; gives aerodynamic and weight advantages.
Road Bikes materials
Road bikes made with variety of frame materials. From aluminium to carbon fibre – its all have their advantages with best road bike:like
Carbon fibre framed road bikes – Carbon fibre is used in top of the range of road bikes, as it gives a superb balance of stiffness and light weight. As we know it doesn’t come in pre-shaped tubes, it can also be moulded into exotic and aerodynamic shapes; making it ideal for high performance bikes.
Aluminium framed road bikes – Aluminium frame are the most common material for bike frame manufacture, and it gives a comfort, performance and reliability. This bikes are stiff, lightweight and strong.
Steel framed road bikes – Steel frames are renowned for their comfortness, strength and durability. This is still a popular and traditional material to use for bicycle frame manufacture.
What type of riding can I do on a road bike?
Basically road bikes can be used for a wide variety of pursuits and activities.
On a ‘drop-bar’ road bike, you can be either your daily travel or road racing ; these are highly versatile machines.
It is important that for specific pursuits, like time trials and triathlons, particularly aerodynamic road bikes have been created..